5 minutes 4 Christ
So you’re just too busy to spend that extra time you always wanted with Christ and try to build a deeper relationship. You’re always running – home, work, family, business, travel, school, exams, studies, deadlines, projects, commitments, visitors… the list is endless.
At ADDICTED2JESUS we’re trying to help you find ways to enrich your relationship with Christ. Here are simple ways that you can use to lift your Faith, encourage yourself, edify others and get deeper into Christ. The basis for these simple practical steps is that you do actually have the time… even if you don’t think you do! Yes it’s true!!
I must stress that these steps are not a substitute for anything and are not the only thing you’ll need in a relationship with Christ.
NOTHING CAN SUBSTITUTE AN ORGANISED QUIET TIME WITH CHRIST AND SPENDING TIME ON YOUR KNEES PRAYING… SO IF YOU HAVENT YET GOT TO THAT LEVEL AS YET…. JUST DO IT – EVEN IF IT MEANS GETTING UP 20 MINUTES EARLIER OR SHORTENING YOUR LUNCH BREAK! YOU CAN’T PROCEED FURTHER WITHOUT THAT!!!
So where do I find more time to add some extra punch to my life with Christ?If you think it’s simply impossible…. rethink! Here are some common situations when you actually have the time.
- You take a bus to school/work. You stand at the same bus-stop everyday. You like coming in a few minutes early. You take the same trip and stare at the same scenery everyday. Ever realise that the 5 minutes waiting for the bus to arrive and the time you spend staring out of the bus window are potential resources for you! It could be a cab/train/tram…. you’ve got free time to use!
- Howabout the elevator/lift. If you work in a high rise building how long do you spend waiting for or actually going up and down on the elevator? Gotcha didn’t I??!!
- You don’t actually jump outta bed… you snooze for 10 minutes. You don’t crash into bed everyday (maybe just some days). Don’t ya lie in bed thinking of sweet nothings and dreaming ..? More time you can use….
- You drive to work and drive back from work…. it’s a daily happening that you don’t even think about. It’s an automated task as you drive back brooding over what to do today or what happened today. Whats playing on your car stereo? Think you can do something better!
- You’re a fitness freak and you need to jog/walk/do the treadmill half hour a day… hmm… there are a few possibilities!